Printer setup on Windows 2003
Posted by appsinfo on June 4, 2009
Printer Setup on windows 2003 Server for Oracle 11i Applications
1. Install the printer driver to local machine.(Test the print)
2. Make the install printer driver shared and assign name
Start -> Printers and Faxes
Right Click on printer -> Properties -> Sharing (select Share this Printer)
assign name to the printer.
3. Now Install the printer driver on the server machine and connect to the installed
printer from step 2 using
Add Printer -> Network Printer or a printer attached to another computer ->
Connect to this printer (or to browse for a printer select this option and click next)
Name: \\<printer IP Address Location>\<Installed Printer Name>
4. After successful setup on server print the test page from note pad or word.
5. Now use command line setup:
– To access from 184.108.40.206 Application you need to use the port like LPT1 or LPT2
– Open CMD window
– use the following command
E:\net use lpt1: \\<printer hostname>\<share name of printer>
Where: <printer hostname> is host name of computer where printer is setup.
<Share Name of printer> is share name assigned to the printer
– Test the print from command line
E:\print /D:lpt1: <file name to be printed>
6. This completes the printer setup from command line.